As a Cloud Architect (Data), you will guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze and explore/visualize data on Google Cloud and AWS. You will work on data migrations and transformational tasks, and with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform issues.
In this role, you will serve as an engineer working with our most strategic Google Cloud and AWS customers. Together with the team, you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud or AWS products through architecture guidance, best practices, data migration, capacity planning, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring and much more.
Our team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes uses technology to connect with customers.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Work at least 50% of your time with customers, invest up to 30% of your time in learning new technologies related to your field of expertise.
- Experience with operating relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with batch data processing frameworks (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) as well as streaming (such as Kafka, Kinesis, Pub/Sub, Beam).
- Experience architecting complex data solutions using a vast variety of technologies (such as NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, Tensorflow)
- Customer orientation, ability to identify and analyze problems concerning the business use case.
- Strong cloud orientation and relevant tools (BigQuery, Athena, CloudSQL, Aurora, RDS, Dataproc, etc)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience- An advantage