When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. You assist fellow sales executives by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with our product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
You're a Sales Engineer with excellent technical, communication, and organizational skills, and previous experience in cloud platform and infrastructure products, data analytics, machine learning, and SQL-based relational databases.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features and problem-solving any potential roadblocks.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Own the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Experience with networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.